Monday, June 6, 2011

Not bad for an amateur

My mom needed to buy a few things from Wal-Mart, so I quickly threw together a shopping list for Publix which is on the way home.

Here is what I bought:
Precise Cream (from the makers of Tylenol) - usually $7.99. On sale $4.99. Used $5 coupon. $0.01 money maker
Bayer Advanced 500 mg 20 ct - $2.99. Used Publix $2 off coupon and manufacturer's coupon $1.50 off - $0.50 money maker
Suave Shampoo and Conditioner - $2.19/each - used $0.50 off when you buy two, Publix doubled, total paid - $1.69 each
Suave Body Wash - $1.49/each. Used Buy One Get One Free coupon - $0.75/each
Yoplait Yogurt - on sale 20/$10. Bought 6 and used $0.40/6 (doubled = $0.80 off) - total paid $0.37 each
Fresh Express - $3.99 Buy One Get One Free - used $1.00 off - total paid $1.49/each
Listerine Total care - on sale $3.99. Used Publix $1.00 off and manufacturer's coupon $1.00 off. Total paid $1.99.

After taxes, paid $12.55 Total Savings $25.20. 66.8% savings (I think the cashier messed up one of the coupons because my math is off by $0.99....)

Oh well. Not bad for a last minute thrown together deal! I wouldn't have bought the shampoo but I'm completely out.

My mom did almost as good on her purchases with my help (and the BOGO deals for cereal at Publix). She paid $25 and saved $27.80 (52.6% savings). Not too shabby. :) She also stocked up on the Cinnamon Swirl bread by Pepperidge Farms and the Thomas english muffins (both BOGO and both have active coupons....$0.35/bread and $0.50 for the muffins...both doubled at Publix). She also had some Mrs. Dash in there that weren't a great price, but she needed them and with 2 $0.50/each that were doubled...not horrible.

Okay, now I'm rambling. Time to get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment